SCM 11 is one of three bookshelf speaker models from ATCs SCM range which also includes one floor-standing model. With finishes available in Black Ash or Cherry, they’re sure to suit a diverse range of listening environments.
ATC SCM11 – Drivers
SCM 11 has a 25mm soft-dome unit, designed and built in-house which is a very rare thing to find in a relatively small manufacturer. The Mid and LF driver employs CLD” driver technology with a 45mm integral soft dome.
ATC has also included a new crossover with higher-quality components. Clearly, the ATC SCM11 presents a sound investment in quality audio listening.
Having spent many years building Multi Award Winning speakers, ATC is no stranger to silverware. Most recently the SCM11 Speakers took the coveted ‘Best Standmount’ in the 2014 What Hi-Fi Awards.
The team at What Hi-Fi regard the ATC SCM11 range highly, and recently reviewed this newer, revised edition of the SCM11 with it’s new redesigned tweeter saying ‘The new SCM11s make their talented predecessors seem ordinary. Nearly everything we’ve come to love about the originals has received a remarkable boost.’ (What Hi Fi, ATC SCM11 Review)
- New ATC designed and built HF unit
- 25mm soft dome with precision alloy waveguide
- Precision undercut bass pole
- “CLD” driver technology/ 45mm integral soft dome
- In-house, hand-wound precision flat wire coil
- Massive optimised motor assembly
- Flat impedance curve allowing easy load for amps