Klipsch R-14M Speakers deliver power and versatility in a small package. The Reference R-14M monitor speaker packs a mean punch even for its tiny size. It performs beautifully as a left, centre, right or surround. So, you can own the room without taking up too much of it.
Klipsch R-14M for sale
The R-14M model from Klipsch is perfect for anyone looking for an affordable, well-built sound system that offers more than just the basic features. Rocking the signature look of Klipsch devices, the R-14M has a black polished veneer casing that contrasts with the copper-colored woofer cone.
While the speaker system is more of an entry-level model than a highly specialized one, it does contain quite a few features and technologies meant to ensure that every sound that comes out of it is crystal-clear. They do need an amplifier in order to reach their full capacity in terms of sound quality, however, they also work through AV connections.
What really makes these speakers stand out are their audio performances, but their design just can’t be ignored. With a pretty compact size and stylish monochrome design, these speakers will not stand out in your room. At least, not in a bad way.
The baseline specs you get are outstanding for the money – neither is all that big, but they’ll surely be sufficient to fill all but the largest of rooms, especially so the larger R-15M. The two versions, other than being slightly smaller/bigger than the other, have a few aesthetic differences, but otherwise have the same build and design. They’re two way speakers with a built in horn tweeter and a woofer made out of the same proprietary metallic blend.
The response floors at around 60 Hz while remaining within a 3 dB variance, which is honestly pretty darn good for a two way bookshelf speaker as small as these are, but, it will probably leave the bass somewhat lacking. It’s the common concession made with budget-speakers, mainly because any such speaker such as these can easily be paired with a subwoofer to fill that gap, and we’d definitely recommend that as an option since there’s money to be saved with these anyhow. You can check out our favorite budget subwoofers here by the way.
The design looks great too, par for the course with Klipsch’s signature black and copper look. The sheen horn and driver bezel has a nice contrast with the vinyl cabinet and copper woofer, or you can choose to just put on the removable cover. Klipsch offers a 5 year warranty on its passive speakers which is pretty top of the line, especially so at this low of a price-tier.
90×90 Tractrix Horn
Exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminium tweeters deliver the most impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
Perfect for Small Rooms
These are small enough to fit in virtually any living room or on any desk and, while they aren’t particularly elegant or stylish, they will blend in with items or furniture that are placed around the sound system.
Of course, these speakers aren’t just about the looks. Their performances are pretty impressive. And it’s all because of the amazing features Klipsch R-14M comes with. Take a look at the most important features of these speakers and you’ll see what we mean.
Linear Travel Suspension
A Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS Tweeters have been a hallmark of previous Reference lines, as well as the flagship Klipsch Palladium series, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.
Spun Copper IMG – Klipsch R-14M
Injection Moulded Graphite (IMG) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid – providing remarkeable low-frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion. When paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter, it provides speaker efficiency highest in its class.
Perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, and precisely flared to minimise turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. MDF cabinet with brushed polymer veneer finish lends to the contemporary aesthetic with absolute durability that results in a seamless integration into any décor.
5-Way Binding Posts
The sturdy, versatile and high-quality terminals provide maximum connection flexibility. Strong, flexible, removable grille adds a rich, refined look that is acoustically transparent.
Klipsch R-14M Features
- Small enough to fit in any room – The Klipsch R14M Speakers measure 7.5 x 5.9 x 9.8 inches and weigh only 14.1 pounds, making them great for situations where there may not be a lot of space in their living room or on their desk;
- High-quality finish – The cabinet of the speakers is made from a brushed black polymer veneer that can either fit in a variety of decors or simply blend in and go unnoticed. Furthermore, the grills are removable. Actually, you can take them off or put them on pretty easily as they use magnets instead of bolts and screws. So, if you think that a discrete set of speakers would fit in your room design better, our advice is to remove the grills. On the other hand, if a mighty look is what you’re looking for, then leave them on!
- Proprietary technology – the R-14M model from Klipsch features the company’s proprietary 90×90 Tractrix Horn technology. Why this feature is so important to mention is that it’s basically an improved version of the exponential horn which has better performances in terms of reproducing low-frequency sounds. On top of that, it also provides a broader coverage when it comes to high frequencies. The speaker also has a 1-inch aluminum tweeter. These combined technologies are the key to the high-quality sound that the speakers produce;
- Linear Travel Suspension – The LTS tweeter has been designed to minimize sound distortion ensuring that music sounds great even at the highest volume setting. Speaking of LTS tweeters, they’re one of the things that brought attention to previous Klipsch Reference models;
- Rear-firing port – the ports of the sound system are placed on its back of the cabinet and have been positioned specifically to minimize turbulence even at extremely low frequencies;
- IMG Woofer – Short for Injection Molded Graphite Woofer, this technology gives the R-14M exceptional low-frequency When pairing the IMG Woofer with the LTS tweeter, this model becomes one of the most efficient in its class;